Monday, May 16, 2005

Jane Green - Mr Maybe

This author had been recommended to me, and I am wondering if I had picked up her two worst books (this and Babyville) to read first. Unfortunately I have two more to read on my shelf. The 'heroine', Libby is not really heroic as all she wants is to get married to a successful, rich, kind man and hates being a failure (i.e single). Although a lot of chick lit books are romance based, the characters have other issues in their lives and a bit of spark and personality. Libby is a self-confessed 'chameleon' girlfriend who changes herself depending on her boyfriend and what she think he will like. She plans a fling with unsuitable Nick and then gets upset when it doesn't work out, and tries to marry millionaire investment banker Ed convinced that he is everything she is looking for. Anyone with half a brain can work out how it ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home