Monday, December 05, 2005

X-Factor: Week 8

Tonight all five acts perform two songs, and the person with the lowest viewer votes leaves, meaning that the judges do not have the final say.

Journey South opened the show with a contemporary cover, Daniel Powter's Bad Day and I have to say that I did not think it was their best performance, although the judges praised it. Chico then did James Brown's I Feel Good complete with running around the studio, throwing water over himself, ripping open his shirt and wiggling his pecs. I rather liked the performance and Simon said it was good in its own "exceedingly awful" way. Brenda then knocked everyone dead with I'm Outta Love showing why she should be in the final and has really blossomed since Maria left, and as always gave a full on 100% performance. Shayne sang an odd choice, a cover of the Scissor Sisters Take Your Mama Out which was very odd and not his best performance. Andy then did Easy Lover and was slated by the judges who hated it. I thought it was OK, though his finger snapping got a bit annoying.

For their second number Journey South did Candle in the Wind although I was not blown away and Sharon said that no one should sing that song as it made people sad. Chico then proved he was a novelty act with Time warp before Brenda brought some class to the proceedings with I Know I'll Never Love this way Again (I think) which was described by Simon as a vocal lesson. Shayne did a much better performance of Careless Whisper which I think he made his own though the judges weren't entirely convinced. Andy then closed with one of his typical Big Band type ballads When I Fall In Love.

The bottom two mean nothing this week, but they left Andy to last with Chico, and it was no real surprise to discover that Chico's X-Factor career had run its course. I doubt it will be the last we have seen of him as their are rumours that he has recoded a single of his song It's Chico Time. Heaven Help Us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home