Sunday, April 17, 2005

Hit Me Baby One More Time: Heat Three

Tonight's show kicked off with Seventies Spanish female duo, Baccara who sang their old hit Yes Sir, I Can Boogie which went down well followed by an acceptable version of Enrique Ingesias' Hero. I don't particularly like the song, but they did it well. Unfortunately I think they were too old for a young, Saturday tea-time audience to vote for. Next was Eighties soul diva Mica Paris singing on of her big hits My One Temptation which she did well, and followed with a cover of Angels. Nick Heyward, formerly of Haircut 100 before going solo sang Fantastic Day which I loved but was distracted some what by the fact that the years have not been kind to him. His next song was Busted's Crash the Wedding which I think he did well. Carol Decker of T'pau was next and sang one of their big hits - China in Your Hand. I was disappointed with this choice as it was not a favourite of mine, but she did an excellent rock version of Jamelia's Superstar. Finally it was soul group The Pasadenas singing one of their hits Tribute (Right On), and they followed with their version of Will Young's Leave Right Now which I was disappointed with.

The audience favourite at the end of the main show was Carol Decker, and I agree. She also won the viewer vote to join Tiffany and Shaky in the final.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home