Friday, April 15, 2005

The Nation's Favourite Dance Floor Fillers

Walkabout Pubs asked 4,800 people across the nation what their favourite dance floor track was. There were some strange answers. Considering that Walkabout Pubs are Aussie themed and always seem to be filled with backpackers (I haven't been to one for a while, granted), I hope they are not representative of the nation and the British pub goer actually has slightly better taste. Top of the list is 35 year old I Want You Back which is OK, but is no one tired of it yet? I will let Billie Jean go as I love the intro, and if a good DJ incorporates that into a mix he usually gets me on the floor. Same for Queen's Don't Stop me Now in a rock place (most clubs don't play it, let's face it), and Crazy in Love which would make my Top Ten. But who the hell dances to Amarillo????

Full List:
1. Jackson Five - I Want You Back
2. Boy Meets Girl/Sunset Strippers - Waiting For a Star to Fall
3. Tony Christie and Peter Kay - Amarillo
4. Beyonce - Crazy in Love
5. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
6. Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child Of Mine
7. The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be
8. Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
9. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
10. Girls Aloud - Love Machine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home