Monday, October 25, 2004

X Factor Update

Last Saturday was the first live show of the series and all nine acts performed live. Voices With Soul kicked off with Ain't No Mountain High Enough and I thought they were bloody good. Roberta from the Under 25s group sang next. I though a Carpenters choice an odd song for someone her age, as many of her peers would not appreciate it. Fab dress though. The first Over 25 soloist to perform was Verity who sang I will Always Love You. She seemed to overcome her nerves OK, although the other judges thought she was too fragile for the show. It was a tough song to sing, not a favourite of mine, but I thought she did well. Next up was Due " to Go who did a romantic duet - it was OK, their performance was good but I just don't like that kind of music. Cassie from the Under 25's was up next and sang Alfie, again a strange choice for one so young, and an odd outfit. Sexy Steve from Simon's group followed. He has laringitus so was not at his best. I was a bit disappointed with the song choice - Percy Sledge's When a Man Loves a Woman, he suits rockier numbers I think. G4 the classically trained men were up next and did an impressive version of Everybody Hurts, they were followed by Rowetta from Simon's group who was the best for me singing You don't have to say you love me. Mad Irishman Tabby closed the show with a Kinks' number and he was better than I expected, as I had not rated him before.

After the break the show was drawn out even longer. The two acts with the lowest votes had to do a sing off just for the judges. These two were Voices With Soul and Roberta. Louis voted to keep his band and Sharon voted to keep Roberta. That left Simon to have the deciding vote and he sent Roberta home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home