Saturday, October 16, 2004

Amazon Recommendations

I have just checked out what Amazon thinks I would like to listen to. Bear in mind I have only ordered about 4 CDs from Amazon in my entire life, some of them gifts.

1. Dido - Life for Rent
No. No way. Never. This is one of the most boring artists on the planet. I am insulted.

2. Keane - Hopes and Fears
I have liked the singles I have heard of theirs, but not over enamoured.

3. Katie Melua - Call off the Search
I listened to a friend's copy, and whilst I liked the single The Closest Thing to Crazy, no other track grabbed me at first hearing

4. Norah Jones - Feels Like Home
I couldn't name a single song on this CD, some of the songs on her last album Come Away With Me were OK, but that is about it.

5. Scissor Sister - Scissor Sister
Now you're talking! I own and love this CD and make it my best of the year to date, for me.

6. George Michael - Patience
Ratboy has this CD. We both agree that it is over-rated. There are some cracking tracks on it, and some surprisingly poor ones.

7. Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions
I liked some of her songs, but thought it could get a bit samey. May consider her latest offering Mind, Body & Soul however.

8. Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
I loved their debut single Take me Out and the subsequent Matinee was OK, but I have it on good authority that they were by far and away the best tracks on this album. I have CD buying/downloading phases, and this one missed the boat in favour of Maroon 5 and the Scissor Sisters.

9. In Time: The Best of R.E.M 1988 - 2003
I have seen them in concert and have a couple of their CDs anyway. Why would I duplicate? I quite like REM but they are not big favourites of mine.

10. Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin
What???

This Recommended list stuff must be bollocks. Specially when you consider the rest of my top 15 included Jamie Cullum (where did they get the idea I liked this easy listening kind of stuff? Is it because I am over 30?), Gareth Gates and Westlife *cough*splutter* Am I more offended by this or Dido it is hard to say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home