Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hed Kandi - Spring Sampler

I bought this old Hed Kandi CD from this spring as it was cheap and helped fill in my Amazon order! It is a single CD of 15 tracks divided into three genres:

The first is Winter Chill and I was unfamiliar with all five tracks although Barely Here by Claude Bareau and his Orchestra Feat Bonnie Bailey was very haunting and Heal by Bonnie Bailey and Peyton is pleasant, although no track stands out as being fantastic. The theme for these tracks was definitely laid back, but I find them slightly dull.

The second set are the Disco Heaven tunes, which are usually my favourite. Peyton's Keep the Faith is promising and it features Be My Friend by Scape featuring D'Empress which is on the Disco Heaven CD from earlier this year. That is the one bad thing about Kandi compilations, some tracks can be on three or four different CDs.

The Twisted Disco set features the good old HK classic Take Me Away by Stonebridge featuring Therese plus some other hard core dance and house tracks. Other notables include I Want Kandi by Eric Kupper presenting The Barrow Gang featuring (the now ubiquitous) Bonnie Bailey. Quite. Bizarrely most tracks in this latter third are all very short.

Verdict: Could do Better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home