Sunday, April 24, 2005

Hit Me Baby One More Time: Heat Four

This week we saw Sinitta perform her cheesy eighties song So Macho complete with male shirt-stripping dancers. Her contemporary song was a slick jazzy version of Natasha Bedingfield's Single. It was a very good interpretation but her voice really wasn't up to it. Next we Scottish duo Hue and Cry who I loved in the eighties, including the hit they sang here, Labour of Love. They then did a rock version (inspired by fellow Scots Snow Patrol perhaps?) of Crazy in Love.

Next Soul group The Real Thing sang their big hit You To Me Are Everything and followed it with Justin Timberlake's Cry me A River. I thought it was a good version, but it seems upbeat poppy numbers do well on this show, so they could struggle although it was a very good version. Hazel O' Connor was next with Will You I quite like her gravelly voice but didn't like it singing Can't Get You Out of My Head. Lastly was China Black. I had no idea who they were but did remember their song Searching after which they performed I Believe in a Thing Called Love which was very good. The audience favourite was China Black. My favourite was Hue and Cry with China Black second.

The home viewers agreed with me and put Hue and Cry through.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Monroe said...

Wow, Essexgirl, I've been blogging about Hit Me Baby over on my blog, too. Although I've been doing the American version.

I missed episode 3 because of a tornado that never materialized and wall-to-wall (totally unnecessary) weather coverage. was trying to find out who won and came across your blog.

We're getting some of the exact same acts you are, like Haddaway. Haven't seen Belinda yet. I'm an iPod fan, too!

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home