Monday, November 07, 2005

The X-Factor - Week Four

Brenda kicked off tonight's show with a fantastic rendition of Somebody Else's Guy where she held a note for over 11 seconds. The judges (rightly) raved about her and I think she was the best performance of the night. Nicholas was up next to sing I Want You Back and, like the other judges, I am confused by the songs given to him, he needs to do something contemporary like Lemar, as I have said before. He tried to make the song his own and I think he did quite a good job of it, but the judges didn't like it.

Andy was next up and had just lost his mum so had not been around much that week. He sang the Andy Williams' song Can't Take my Eyes off of You and the audience loved him. The judges comments played it safe, but I found the performance (and the song) a bit too hotel bar/lounge-like for me. Chenai then sang Always on My Mind which I thought was an odd song for her and her vocals were still a bit dodgy.

Chico sang Prince's Kiss, and his vocals were also weak, especially at the beginning when he tried to do the high notes, but then the song and performance became more fun and lively. Journey South sang acoustically with just a guitar with First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. The judges all hailed it as a brave decision but they pulled it off OK.

Maria had been urged by the judges to do a contemporary number so sang James Blunt's Beautiful. Personally I hate the song, but she did a good version and the judges raved about her and claimed it the best performance of the night (I think they had forgotten about Brenda). Shayne was next singing You Make Me Feel Brand New, yet another odd song choice by Louis's camp. He did it OK and was also urged to try a contemporary track. The Conway Sisters were the last act on and sang some musical number called One Voice that I was not familiar with. I think they did it very well, though the judges weren't too impressed.

Come the results show it was revealed that Chenai and Nicholas were the bottom two. I was surprised about the latter but after Sharon had voted to send Nicholas home, and Simon had voted to give Chenai the boot, it was left to Louis to choose which of his acts he was going to send home. Louis isn't as daft as you would think as he made the right choice and opted to send Chenai home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home