Monday, August 08, 2005

Chilli Fiesta

Yesterday we visited the Chilli Fiesta at West Dean near Chichester.

Although I feel £6 admission was a bit steep to look around some stalls, there were quite a few interesting ones. We are now the proud owners of a Medusa chilli plant, some chilli popcorn, crisps, ketchup and cooking sauce.

Chilli popcorn is delicious and we also enjoyed some chilli bread. My taco lunch was very disappointing but others went to different stalls and had nicer stuff - marinated meat skewers, sandwiches etc. I also tried chilli ice cream and my verdict is that it is very wrong and I have no desire to try it again.

There were greenhouses of chilli plants to look at if you were so inclined, and a few other places to visit, but it was very busy so we didn't get the best out of the place.

My verdict is that it is very interesting trying all the different chilli products, and if I went back would try to go early when it maybe less busy. The £6 admission was too steep, and they really needed a stall that sold bottled water as a few to many people were walking about complaining their mouths were on fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home