Monday, May 30, 2005

Top Ten Best British Songs of All Time

Virgin Radio have been running this poll (someone does a Top 100 or something every Bank Holiday weekend, it is now obligatory), and here are the Top Ten tracks as voted by Virgin Radio listeners (I listen, but I didn't vote). Although I like most of these, I don't think I would have voted for any of the ten as my Top Three tunes.

1. Oasis - Wonderwall
2. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
3. Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven
4. The Beatles - Let It Be
5. John Lennon - Imagine
6. Police- Every Breath You Take
7. The Jam- Going Underground
8. Verve- Bitter Sweet Symphony
9. Robbie Williams - Angels
10. The Stranglers- Golden Brown

Article from the BBC. Interestingly they have published the Top Ten as the six hour marathon is only just kicking off (I think I caught the dying strains of Hit me With you Rhythm Stick).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home