Sunday, November 21, 2004

The X-Factor: Week Five

I am getting a bit fed up of this show milking it for all its worth, so when I went out I only recorded the final episode so I didn't have to watch too much twice.

By all accounts Steve went first and sang Al Green's Let's Stay Together, I thought Sharon might start to make Michael Bolton comparisons again, but she seemed to like it (as did I), Louis's helpful comment seemed to be around the fact that Steve, who he criticised as being scruffy last week, was now wearing something similar to Simon Cowell. Cassie warbled All By Myself and seemed to like the Mariah Carey numbers. I thought I picked up some duff notes, but she sang well, just a bit bland. Simon pointed out it is an older woman's song to sing, and he is right. G4 did well with their version of My Way, Sharon loved them whilst Simon remained unconvinced. Tabby sang Sweet Child of Mine, I didn't think it was his best performance but he received a positive review from Louis and Simon, though Simon commented that he would like to see Tabby sing something that was not a rock song. Rowetta sang last, with her version of Somewhere, (or something), and also garnered a positive response.

It was revealed that the voting was close and that any one of the five acts could be in the dreaded bottom two. In the end it was Cassie and Tabby, both Sharon's acts. Sharon refused to vote for any of her acts, so in the result of a tie, the person who got the lowest number of viewer votes would go. However, both Simon and Louis voted for Cassie to go. Simon added that if he wanted to win the competition he should vote Tabby out as he is the best, but in the end voted the weakest act (by far) Cassie out.

It will be a tough call in the semi-final next week. Steve and Rowetta both seem to be very popular and consistent, so it could be between Tabby (the bookies' favourite at the beginning) and G4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home